Really sucks that AA isn’t even shown on the program guide map so please reblog posts about AA when you can so people selling there this year can be found. We have a tiny text mention but I know a lot of people who are very visual. ALSO if you’re at Fanime selling in the AA or just going for fun please tag your location on Instagram if you have it :) It only lets you tag the convention center but you can put “I’m in the south hall behind the convention center in a giant striped blue and white tent thing” Let people know where its at and that they should go <3 Maybe offer discounts if they mention they saw your post about it!
Please reblog any posts about where the AA is this year or make your own posts. Just do whatever you can do spread the word O: If you’re not going to Fanime please reblog anyway in case your followers do go! Or might go! xoxoxo Thank you <3
Please spread this you guys! Even if you aren’t going (you never know who of your followers is) There isn’t really a real map of where we are and it’s been my experience that when they move an AA at a con, its tends to not get visited. (Yes, it has happened to me before. In fact, I ended up losing money by being there because they put the AA in the basement and barely anyone came by) And the artists, who spent countless hours getting ready for the convention end up getting the short end of the stick.
Hopefully there will be decent signage inside the con to point us out but if not, this will be the best way to know where we are at.
im not going to fanime but lots of my friends are at the artist aaley this year, which is unfortunately placed. spreading the word! dont forget to give them a visit
I won't actually be at Anime North but I wanted to know if you're going to be there all three days so I can send an online friend of mine to pick up the sketchbook ._. I really really want itttt please say you'll be there 3 days xDD
I will be there all 3 days, but I don’t have a sketch book …? unless you meant my artbook or you got the wrong person haha
I will answer other anons later c:
Anime North seating arrangements! I listed all the people I know on the map so here it is~! Please visit us<3.
Anime North is this weekend!! Come visit us at the convention center and dont forget to go keep juby company in outerspace, SHE NEEDS IT IT’S COLD OUT THERE
I’ll have 5 new prints, 4 of which unposted! (i think I’m posting another one tonight tho if DA works unlike last night)
Hey shilin, I have been wondering what is your secret to drawing Carciphona's char faces with perfect symmetry? where they still look fine even after flipping the canvas and since I know you draw it using traditional media, its impossible to "flip" the canvas as in digital.
I do make edits on photoshop to monstrous mistakes I make on paper, although not often. Moving facial features is one of those things I do! If you squint hard enough you can see past the perspective warp on the photos I take of pages I draw and see that the face of rae I drew on paper is a little different from the one on the toned page, for example
Otherwise, it is actually possible to flip the canvas traditionally. You literally just do that in front of a mirror or since no one really has a mirror on their computer desk, I hold it up backwards up to my lamp and use the light to see the drawing horizontally flipped (:
I’m super excited to present the product of my last three years (plus some) of hard work and planning. Embellishments features all-original content associated with my story Cut Time, which is currently in the works.
With Pre-orders, you get:
- a chance to win one of 5 inked drawings of one Cut Time character on the inside of your book (if you request Baroque/Rel, they count as one A_A)
- a free exclusive postcard (chosen at random)
- to save $2.50 :P
- A4 size
- full colour
- perfect bound
- matte finish soft cover + dust jacket (with gold foil debossing)
- mostly unpublished content (online)
- 66-page gloss-finish interior
- signed by the artist (me!)
- If you would like a special message written in the book, please leave your request in your order. I will fulfill it given that I am comfortable with writing it.
- $5.00 Within Canada
- $8.00 To United States
- $15.00 Internationally
I will not be accepting pick-ups for online pre-orders; if you live in the Vancouver area and would like to meet up, please send me an “ask” and we can arrange a place and time, but please do not place an order online.
I will be selling these books at Anime North (next weekend) and Anime Expo; on-site purchases will be $35 each; Anime North purchases also include post cards since it’s within pre-order period. :)
Pre-orders close at 12:00am PST, June 18th, 2013. Regular sales will become available at $35.
Thank you very much for your support!
Congrats on your first book!! Everyone go buy it It’s an amazing and gorgeous book outside and inside ;_;
- blur tool :D…..
- I have heard of her and I’ve listened to short clips out of curiosity. I will keep my opinions about her music to myself because I’m certain my preferences and background will make my opinions sound bigotted no matter what I do ):
I don’t do requests, sorry ;; http://okolnir.net/post/43375798518/
- A piece I composed myself called Return ^^
- I use 65lb cardstock paper that is easily found next to copy paper anywhere in stationery stores. I divide up the panels using rulers to draw straight lines…? I’m not sure what aspect of dividing panels you’re asking about
- I don’t do everything in order, but my work flow go from story in head -> general summary with descriptions and some key dialog -> detailed script with all dialog -> laying down thumbnails for the volume (I usually do this all in one go and from beginning to the end) -> drawing each individual page according to that thumbnail plan
- I do use reference to understand what I don’t understand, but I rarely “draw from” a reference I guess because I feel uncomfortable copying something only it to call it my own work later.
- Sorry but I can’t ;; I don’t have the time to do things like this and I don’t like making exceptions, because I know as soon as I make one everyone would want to have a shot at it, and I would end up having to explain why I’m doing that for you and not everyone else and 15 minutes for a sloppy sketch multiplied by everyone else is a big number I don’t have the luxury to spare and AUGH MY MIND HAS RUN OFF SOMEBODY STOP ME
- I do love to share my story but usually not for opinions and suggestions. I make Carciphona (and all of my personal art, actually) to indulge myself, not to contribute to the library of worthwhile works, so I would like to steer it as far away from guilt, stress, anxiety and detachment as possible, and efforts to please an external opinion which I don’t connect with as closely as my own threaten to cause all of that.
Don’t want to wait 2 or 3 weeks to have your question answered only to miss the post? send it with your username instead of anonymous and I’ll answer you in private ^^
Last new print for Anime North is finished :D
Vote daily for Carciphona on http://topwebcomics.com/vote/12335/default.aspx to unlock double updates next month! Every month if CP stays on top 10 for 10 or more days, the next month will feature twice as many updates ^^ I will still make double update events regardless, but this is a chance for you to make more happen :D
There is only a few days left to get to top 10 , and we’re at #16! It doesn’t look like we’ll make it this month, but thank you to everyone who voted nonetheless!